popcorn

     About 5 years ago a friend recieved a very nice popcorn popper for the
stovetop that was made of metal and quite heavy.  It was a thick metal pan
with a lid.  The lid had a crank on it that was turned while the popcorn
cooked - and it kept the kernels moving so that they did not burn.
My friend was trying a low fat lifestyle, so after a few times of using oil,
she tried fat-free, and it was successful.  The corn had a wonderful roasted
flavor - one I liked much better than air-popped.  She has no idea where the
popper came from, and the people who gifted her have moved away .  It seemed
to be one of those "old-fashioned" things that are in catalogs, so I bet that
someone who likes to surf the net could find one.
Kay