Re: popcorn

very nice popcorn popper for the
stovetop that was made of metal and quite heavy.  It was a thick metal
pan
with a lid.  The lid had a crank on it that was turned while the
popcorn
cooked - and it kept the kernels moving so that they did not burn.

They sell a popper like this on QVC.  I dont remember the cost, around
$20 us, I think. I believe they call it "Theater Time Popcorn Popper".
You can go to their website and search for it or call them.
It looks like what you describe above and they have said in the
demonstrations that it can be done without oil.

Onilee