Re: Seitan

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:37:38 -0000 "Robert Cox" <bobc_@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

>Just tried seitan for the first time - was not expecting a rubbery
>consistency (is it really supposed to squeak on your teeth?). Did I
>get a bad batch or what, what is the best way to prepare it that you
have
>found??

I don't care for seitan, myself, as I found it to be like chewing on a
bunch of rubber bands.  I tried it twice and had to throw it away; even
the cat wouldn't touch it.  Some folks adore the stuff, some don't.  Keep
experimenting and trying new foods, and you'll probably soon find some
things you'll love.  Consider trying some tempeh or Boca Burgers; I've
served both to SAD eaters who couldn't believe there was NO meat at all
on their plates.

annulla

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]