Southwestern Carrot Bread -- no added fat

Aloha, fellow fat-free'rs. This is my first post. Hope these come thru
clearly. (Why do some postings have bizarre formatting and extra letters,
number et al?)
I'm a recent vegan, still experimenting with recipes. Here are two that
have drawn high praise from carnivores & vegans alike.
from bahilton@xxxxxxxx

[Fats act as preservatives and produce a softer bread. Prunes, bananas,
currants, raisins, potatoes and figs soften as well as adding nutritional
benefits.]

**SOUTHWESTERN CARROT BREAD** (for bread machine)
(This is a little sweet & a little hot. It works well for sandwiches or
with a meal.)

small loaf (1 pound)		ingredients	large loaf (1 1/2
pounds)
1 1/4 teaspoons		dry yeast		2 teaspoons
2 cups			bread flour	3 cups
1/4 cup			yellow cornmeal	1/3 cup
1/2 cup			grated carrots	3/4 cup
1 teaspoon		ground cumin	1 1/2 teaspoons
1/8 teaspoon		ground cayenne	1/4 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon		salt		3/4 teaspoon
3/4 cup			water		1 cup
1/2 cup 			currants, raisins or prunes	3/4
cup

I added 3 teaspoons of  vital wheat gluten and, when dough seems dry, one
chopped apple with skin.  (When humidity changes, so does the flour's
need for more or less moisture. I find the "same" recipe requires varying
moisture on different days.)

Add ingredients according to the order suggested by bread machine. Use
basic bread cycle.  Adjust moisture or flour or corn meal as needed.

Add fruit at the beeper or at the end of the first kneading in machines
without a beeper to signal addition of fruit or nuts.

>From The Best Low-Fat, No-Sugar Bread Machine Cookbook Ever by Madge
Rosenberg. Enjoy!	[I have both a Kitchen Aid (K5A) mixer and a
older model Dak II bread machine. I don't use the K5A for months but the
bread machine works great, minimal muss & fuss.]

**Sweet Pea Guacamole** (aka "mock Guac")

2 pounds frozen peas, thawed			2 tbsp. rice vinegar
1/2 bunch cilantro, washed & trimmed		2 tbsp. soy sauce
(regular or lite)
2 cloves garlic				1 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)	1/4 cup fresh
lime juice

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until fairly
smooth. This gets stronger as it melds so make ahead or taste
accordingly.
For a chunky version of "guacamole," add
	1 chopped tomato
	4 chopped scallions

Source:  The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss
		Via B Hilton