Re: Green Tomatoes

At 03:22 AM 10/4/96 -0700, you wrote:
:------------------------------
:
:Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 11:24:02 -0600
:From: Debbie Cowherd <Debbie-Cowherd@xxxxxxxxx>
:Subject: Re: Green Tomatoes
:
:Peggy Muga wrote:
:>>  My Mom would pickle eggplant,carrots,greenonions,peppers... And
:>> the list goes on.  I think green tomatoes would be excellent
:
:I was channel surfing the other evening and saw Martha Stewart making green
:tomato pickles.  Unfortunately, I came in after she had already started so
:I don't have the recipe, but I did see her marinating pickling lime-soaked
:& rinsed sliced green tomatoes in a brine made of sugar and vinegar and a
:spice bag with cinnamon, cloves, mace bark & ginger (maybe others, I don't
:remember).  They looked lovely (of course -- it *was* Martha Stewart, after
:all) and they sound like they would taste wonderful.  Maybe a book on
:pickling could reveal a specific recipe and canning process.
:
:Debbie
:

Martha Stewart lists all her TV receipies in her monthly magazine. Maybe
you could find it there.

Harold