Re: Black Bean Salad

At 07:55 AM 7/5/01 -0700, Kelly Bauman wrote:
At 03:26 AM 05/07/01 -0700, fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
                         Black Bean And Corn Salad

  2               Cans  Canned Black Beans -- rinsed
 and drained
   16            Ounces  Frozen Corn Kernels -- thawed
      1/2        Medium  Red Onion -- finely chopped,
 or to taste
   1              Large  Tomato -- finely chopped
      1/2           Cup  Dill Pickle Relish

 Per serving: 71 Calories (kcal); 1g Total Fat; (7%
 calories from fat);

Okay, someone help me out here. Where does the fat come from in this recipe???

1 cup of corn and 1 cup of cooked black beans each has 0.9 grams of fat according to MasterCook. Few foods have no fat (even the tomato has a little). This is a good thing, since we do need some fat (just not nearly as much as most people eat on the Standard American Diet (SAD)).

Jenny Herl                  The world has enough for everyone's need, but not
jlherl@xxxxxxxxxx          enough for everyone's greed.
--attributed to Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)