Feta Stuffed Tomatoes

The original had oil in it. I just skipped the oil and made these great tomatoes. Try these with the last tomatoes in your garden. Very yummy. Karen said I could share her recipe with you.

Fatfree feta might be hard to find. I asked for some at Whole Foods and the folks at the cheese counter sort of laughed at me for wanting something so disgusting. My local grocery store has it.
Kathleen

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                          Feta Stuffed Tomatoes

Recipe By     : Karen C. Greenlee
Categories    : Side Dishes                      Vegetables

   4      large         tomatoes
   2      tablespoons   scallions -- finely chopped
   2      tablespoons   fresh parsley -- finely chopped
   4      oz            fatfree feta cheese -- crumbled
     1/4  cup           bread crumbs

Cut tops off tomatoes. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out pulp and seeds. Save pulp and discard seeds. Coarsely chop pulp. Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl, combine tomato pulp with scallions, parsley, feta, and bread crumbs. Spoon mixture into the hollowed out tomatoes. Place tomatoes right side up in a 8x8" baking dish and bake 15 minutes.
     Serve steaming hot.