veggie scotch eggs?

My friend likes scotch eggs (hard boiled eggs wrapped in saugage, dipped in egg and breadcrumbs and baked). I made one for him yesterday, but wanted to make a veggie version for me. I took a Morningstar Farms veggie pattie, defrosted it, and tried to wrap it around the egg. Disaster, it wouldn't go, wouldn't stick.

Anyone have an idea on how I can make one I can actually eat?

Thanks.

Susan
vloglady@xxxxxxxxxxx