Chili Rice

I adapted this recipe to be fatfree.  This and several similar recipes came
with my Panasonic Rice cooker.  I own the small, three cup, one.

Kathleen

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                                Chili Rice

Recipe By     : adapted from Panasonic Rice Cooker's Recipes
Categories    : Rice                             Side Dishes
                Vegetables                       Rice Cooker

   2      tablespoons   red wine
   1                    onion -- chopped
   1      clove         garlic -- minced
   1      cup           long-grain rice
   1      cup           tomato juice
   1      cup           water
   1      teaspoon      chili powder
   4      ounces        canned chopped green chilies
                        salt and pepper -- to taste

Heat the red wine in a small skillet, add the onion and garlic and cook
just until soft.  Combine all ingredients in rice cooker.  Cover and cook
until WARM/OFF.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.  Serves 4