Fat-free crust

 Paul Leslie   asked for a fat-free crust to use with a home-made pizza
mix. I found this one in the archives a few days ago - I hope it will
work for him. It was submitted by Susan Resnik.

PIZZA-POLENTA-CRUST RECIPE

Nonstick cooking spray
1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 cup cold water
1 cup boiling water
1/2 teaspoon salt to taste'
1/2 cup grated fatfree parmesan (optional)

Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 375. Place
cornmeal in a small bowl. Add cold water and stir until well mixed. Stir
cornmeal mixture into saucepan of  boiling water. Cook, stirring over
low heat until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in
salt and parmesan.

Spread cornmeal mixture to form a crust in the greased pan, using wet
hands or a spatula. Spread evenly across bottom and up sides. Bake
uncovered for 30 minutes.

( Resnick said she makes the crust on a rather large square pan instead
of a pie pan and then cuts it into squares.)

Toppings can consist of sauteed green and yellow peppers, mushrooms,
etc.