re: Meatloaf

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999 CaRingB@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I've tried Beefnot as meatloaf, and did not like the results. However, in the
> produce section there is a 1-lb roll of pure soy called GimmeLean, and it's
> fat-free. It comes in beef flavor or sausage flavor. The beef roll looks like
> ground beef, and you can prepare it exactly the same, for meatloaf,
> meatballs, etc. Tastes just the way I remember. By accident, I once bought
> the sausage flavor, and it's sitting in my freezer with no place to go. I
> really recommend the beef GimmeLean.

I slice the sausage flavor into patties and "fry" them on a nonstick
griddle sprayed with a tiny dab of oil.  They are great with pancakes or
on pizza. (I crumble them for the pizza.)

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)