TVP ideas

Someone recently asked for ideas for TVP.   I use them in any situation that
one would have used ground beef.  Today we had TVP manwiches.  I used a cup
of dry TVP granules, rehydrated them with 1 cup of boiling water, and then
added a can of manwich (original flavor).  We serve them on high quality
whole wheat buns and with a side dish of coleslaw.  Also, they are good in
chili.  I get a good 5 alarm chili mix and sub the TVP for the meat.  Nobody k
nows the difference between this and ground turkey (it is a little whiter
than beef), and I haven't had to lie yet.  I also used them mixed with taco
seasoning and used in a taco salad.
The scary truth is that these granules have the texture of ground meat -
almost sort of rubbery like gristle and all that icky stuff.
Couldn't you also use them in place of the ground beef in all of those really
bad 1960's casseroles (the ones with cream of mushroom soup and loads of
cheese and potato chip toppings and crusts) but substitute the fatty stuff?
Take a look in your old 1960 cookbook for some inspiration!
I'd love to hear what others do with this great invention!

Ruth in the Sunny Chicago 'burbs