Re: FATFREE Digest V99 #312

In a message dated 11/12/99 7:21:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Here's the problem:  I removed a 1/4 cup of almonds and a teaspoon of olive
 oil from the brussels sprouts part, and think the dill alone may not be
 enough.  What additional spices might dress up those sprouts?  I'm
 wondering if even salt and pepper would do it. >>

I love Brussel Sprouts done very simply...  Lemon Juice..or a Lemon-Pepper
mix, is a great addition and would work with Dill also.. I love Lemon -
Pepper as a way to add a decent touch of "something" ..but avoid the ones
that have Nutritional Yeast in them, cause I dont like the way that tastes,
it overpowers the Lemon & Garlic. Frontier Spice ( I think thats the name)
has one thats just perfect. A store in NYC , Integral Yoga, sells it in bulk,
so I buy it that way... But Im pretty sure thats the company they get it
from... That and Herbemare Seasoned Salt, are indispensible  things in my
kitchen :)
                   Merrick