Recipe-Sweet potato ring with brussels sprouts

This is adapted from a book called Eating in Eden by Hermine Freed, a vegan
gourmet cookbook.  The book isn't necessarily vlf, but seems pretty
adaptable. I'd like to adapt this one for Thanksgiving and could use
suggestions.

Sweet Potato Ring with Brussels Sprouts

For the ring:
4 large sweet potatoes
zest of 2 oranges
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1/2 cup soy milk

Boil sweet potatoes until soft, then peel and mash.  Put in bowl and add
orange zest, maple syrup, and soy milk.  Mix until smooth.  Put mixture in
a non-stick ring mold and bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
(I have a heavy non-stick bundt cake pan that I've used for this kind of
thing)

Brussels sprouts

1 pound brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons chopped dill

Steam sprouts until tender, toss with dill.  Unmold the sweet potatoes and
put the brussels sprouts into the center of the ring.
Serves 6-8.
Serve with cranberry sauce on the side.

Here's the problem:  I removed a 1/4 cup of almonds and a teaspoon of olive
oil from the brussels sprouts part, and think the dill alone may not be
enough.  What additional spices might dress up those sprouts?  I'm
wondering if even salt and pepper would do it.  I don't like the idea of a
vinaigrette with the sweet potatoes.  Ideas?
Anne