Tofu Ceviche

This is a simple, great recipe. A batch doesn't last long in our house!

Tofu Ceviche

2 lb tofu extra hard packed (diced into 1/2" cubes)
2 1/2 lbs tomatoes (1/2" dice)
1/2 c. lime juice
1 bunch cilantro (also known as "chinese parsley") chopped
1 serrano pepper (seeded and minced)
2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 small red onion (1/4" dice)
1/2 bunch green onions thinly sliced on angle
1 tsp fresh garlic (peeled and minced)
1 small red pepper (1/4" dice)
1 tbl veggie worcestershire sauce

1. marinate cubed tofu in worcestershire sauce for 30 minutes
2. lay out on sheet pans (using parchment paper or no-stick spray) and bake
at 350 for 30 minutes, turning pan at 15 minutes to insure even baking. cool
completely.
3. prepare all other ingredients
4. combine all ingredients and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.

Note:  I've made this quite a few times and have used kosher instead of sea
salt, green instead of red peppers and way more garlic and serrano pepper all
with good results. I'm not sure if serrano peppers are available everywhere
but I'm sure you could find a good substitute if not. This stuff travels
well, I've taken it on picnics and to the office for lunch.

Enjoy!

Susan C.