Re: Need Singapore Non Fat-Type Restaurants

>I am going to be in Singapore in October. I was there in the April and ate
at
> Cafe Les Amis Bistro near the museum and Grappas. Any other suggestions?
> I'll be near the Peninsula Hotel.  Thanks. Jayne.
> ------------------------------

Hmm.. it's tough to eat FF in Singapore. That is unless you don't go for
the traditional local food and restaurants, and go for upmarket restaurant
food instead. Still, it's tough tough tough. Go to a good restaurant & then
try to select the "healthiest" or most appropriate item for yourself.
That's what I usually do anyway.

The P Hotel is well located, there're loads of good restaurants in that
area. I recommend the following:

Prego - my fave Italian Restaurant
Westin Stamford Hotel (2 mins walk from P Hotel)

Pennsylvannia Country Oven - my fave restaurant - great ambience
Capitol Building (2 mins walk)

Hisatomo - economical Japanese food
3rd floor Raffles City Shopping Mall (2 mins walk)

Ponderosa - eat-all-u-can salad buffet - very worth it
2nd floor Raffles City Shopping Mall (2 mins walk)

China Jump - east-west fusion cuisine - the current IN place of Singapore
Chjimes Hall (3 mins walk)

American Chili's Grill & Bar Restaurant  - great vegie tacos, nachos &
strawberry magaritas
Boat Quay (5 mins walk)

Seah Street Deli - good sandwiches, salads with a great ambience
Raffles Hotel (3 mins walk)

For more restaurants & reviews, go to
http://www.sintercom.org/makan/index.html

Hope that helped.
Karen
---
Look your best, who said love is blind? - by Mae West

KAREN LIM   koombana_TheGreat@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.bigfoot.com/~koombana_TheGreat
--