polenta

Here is a recipe that my husband really likes, it freezes well and makes enough for 4.
You can substitute whatever vegetables and flavourings you like.
You could replace the sausages with sliced mushrooms and tomatoes, or other vegetables such as asparagus.
I sometimes mix in some chopped sundried tomatoes as well.

Pigs in blankets

1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
1 finely chopped onion
4 oz chopped mushrooms
4 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp dried herbs of your choice
1 packet of vegetarian sausages, cooked and sliced in half lengthways

Place onions, mushrooms, stock, cornmeal and herbs in a large bowl, mix well and microwave on high for
12 minutes, stirring well every 3 minutes.
Spread half of the mixture in a lasagne dish, arrange the sausage halves on top, cover with the
remaining mixture and smooth the top. Leave until completely cold.
Turn out of the dish and cut into portions. Grill on both sides until sizzling and golden.
I serve it with a tomato and spinach sauce