getting enough protein

This question is for Sophie who wrote that she got protein deficient anemia
from not
getting enough protein in a vegetarian diet.
I am on a low fat vegetarian diet, and I am also concern that I do not get
enough protein.
Sophie, can you tell how you found out you have protein deficiency and what are
the symptoms?    How did the doctors know that that it was protein deficient
anemia, did you
have to take a particular test fo find out?