re: getting enough protein

shawn wrote:

Slightly off-topic: people concerned about not getting enough protein on a
vegetarian diet might want to remember something a macrobiotic couselor
told me half-jokingly a few years ago "if you're still alive, you're getting
enough protein." :-)

* I just wanted to relate my experience with protein. Last year I had protein-
deficient anemia, brought on by not consuming enough protein. I was following
a strict vegetarian diet but obviously not watching my protein intake
carefully enough....so it is something you need to look out for.

regards
sophie
an aussie in LA