Re: Spinach

<< For the past few months I have just been an observer of the list and have
 gotten a lot of great ideas.  Unfortunately I'm still in school which
 makes it hard for me to have time to experiment with everything.  But I
 have just bought a huge bag of spinach from Costco to use for salads but
 I don't think I'm going to be able to eat that much salad before it goes
 bad.  Do you have any ideas of what I could do with it, recipes, or how well
 it freezes?  Thanks in advance:) >>

Soup recipe I got from somewhere on the "net":

THICK & CREAMY CUCUMBER SPINACH SOUP

1 Bag fresh well-washed spinach, stemmed and torn up coarsely
2 med. cukes, peeled & thinly sliced
2 cups ff vegetable broth
dash of pepper
1 tsp. dill
3/4 cup ff sour cream
1/4 cup ff yogurt, plain
salt to taste

Saute cukes in liquid of choice until lightly brown, about 10 min.
Pour in broth, cover & simmer 15 minutes.
Add spices, herbs and spinach and simmer 2 minutes till the spinach wilts,
then scoop out the solids and whiz them in a food processor till smooth (can
also use blender).  Save the broth!!  Put the spinach mixture back into the
broth, then stir in the yogurt and sour cream.  Chill several hours for the
flavors to develop and serve cold or at room temp.  Tastes very rich, but is
fat free.  Re-heat in microwave.
Linda in NJ