Re: asparagus

Beverly Brandt wrote:>
> My problem is, how do I store fresh asparagus? Well, maybe a better
> question is, how long can I expect it to stay good in the fridge?

I just read that it can be stored at 32F for 2-3 weeks.

 From real experience, last night we ate asparagus that had a label that
said packed on Mar. 30.  It was fine.  I bought it a week ago Tues and
just didn't eat it before then.  I'm sure it was actually packed on the
date marked because I know the women who has the job and I live in a
small town and it is a small store.  Now, how long before that it had
been picked is anybody's guess.

Kate