Re: Teflon Liners, etc.

On Mon, 3 Nov 97 09:30:51 -0700  jfin@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have also been searching for the teflon baking sheets and roll-up
> cutting boards Michelle mentioned a while back. Michelle has not been
> forthcoming about where she found these treasures.

I got them at HomeChef. I thought they had a web site but couldn't get
it to come up.

The baking sheets I use are not teflon, but some sort of silicate.
They go under the brand name "exopat".  Quite expensive, though, much
more than the teflon sheets you found.

I was trying to find where I originally read about them.  I thought it
was Cook's Illustrated (I have the bound sets), but couldn't find them
in the indexes.  I might have been Fine Cooking.  The article about
them listed where you could buy them mail order.  I wouldn't be
surprised if Kin Arthur's catalog carried them.

I got the thin plastic cutting sheets as a birthday gift.  I've seen
them at Walmart, I believe.

I didn't respond about where I got mine because I kept meaning to look
up the original article.

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@xxxxxxxxx              East Palo Alto, CA