Re: Teflon Liners, etc.

Michelle Dick wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Nov 97 09:30:51 -0700  jfin@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I have also been searching for the teflon baking sheets and roll-up
> > cutting boards Michelle mentioned a while back. Michelle has not been
> > forthcoming about where she found these treasures.
>
> I got them at HomeChef. I thought they had a web site but couldn't get
> it to come up.
>
> The baking sheets I use are not teflon, but some sort of silicate.
> They go under the brand name "exopat".  Quite expensive, though, much
> more than the teflon sheets you found.
>
> I was trying to find where I originally read about them.  I thought it
> was Cook's Illustrated (I have the bound sets), but couldn't find them
> in the indexes.  I might have been Fine Cooking.  The article about
> them listed where you could buy them mail order.  I wouldn't be
> surprised if Kin Arthur's catalog carried them.
>
> I got the thin plastic cutting sheets as a birthday gift.  I've seen
> them at Walmart, I believe.
>
> I didn't respond about where I got mine because I kept meaning to look
> up the original article.
>
> --
> Michelle Dick             artemis@xxxxxxxxx              East Palo Alto, CA

Michelle,

King arthur 1-800-827-6836 carries the Exopat $28.95.  I just yesterday
discovered that Williams-Sonoma 1-800-541-2233 carries the Silpat for
$24.  I don't know what the difference is as they're both from France.
I also read Cook's, but have not seen them there.  That doesn't mean I
didn't miss them though.

Kate