losing too much weight

Janine was asking for advice for her s.o., who is losing too much weight on
the vlf vegetarian diet.   I'm not like this (sigh), but I have suggested
the following to people who are, and it usually works:  Reverse McDougall's
maximum weight loss diet.  Instead of eating all whole grains like brown
rice and wheat berries, eat breads and pastas, and more of them.  Even
whole wheat breads and pastas will digest more completely and add more meat
to your bones - something I have learned to my dismay!
Anne Cox