Eating at sporting events

I'm not sure if this situation fits in with the general lifestyles of people
on this list, but I thought I'd see what people think:

I often attend hockey games or other sporting events immediately after work.
I really have to rush to get to the game in time for the face off, there is
definitely no time to eat inbetween work and the game.  I can't just skip
dinner or eat early... we generally go out for a drink or two after the game
and if I haven't eaten I wind up either snacking on a nasty bar food like
fried cheese sticks, or worse yet I drink a beer on an empty stomach (most
of you probably know this is a BIG mistake).

Anybody have any ideas for eating along VLF guidelines in this sort of a

Arena food is not known for it's nutritional qualities... I generally eat a
big pretzel but wonder about the content. When I'm desparate I'll get cheese
pizza (referred to as a "slimy slice" -- ew).

I'm stumped, and these situations tend to start my weekend off on a bad note
(as in I eat something bad for me) which spirals into one of those "well I
already blew it so why not have the mozzarella sticks" kind of weekends....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

"Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it.
Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers." -- Homer Simpson