Frozen grapes/teething

I posted:

>>I freeze grapes as a warm weather snack -- don't thaw -- just pop the frozen
>>grapes in your mouth.  Teething babies and kids love these.

You responeded:

Susan said:

>I was interested to see the mention of frozen grapes for teething babies,
>but was also concerned about choking. My daughter loved frozen peas! She
>never choked on them and they were terrific for fine motor development. It
>always seemed like I was giving her something akin to pebbles, but she did
>love them and she has loved peas ever since!

For those moms concerned with choking, I agree with the poster above who
responded to my original message: slice the grapes in half.  I never gave
these to my kids because I never thought about it, but I have witnessed 7
and 8 month olds gumming them whole with-
out a problem.  But, much better to be safe than sorry.  And yes, Susan,
frozen peas are also a good choice and my two children enjoyed them.
Although as teens now, peas are *not* their favorite vegie.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sandee Ritter
adritter@xxxxxxxxxxxx