kitchen safety

        We like using glass baking pans since glass heats evenly and
doesn't react to the food. Recently I noticed a crack had developed in a
9x13 baking dish, and idly thought that it would split in the oven one day,
making a mess. Instead, it split in my hand while I was washing dishes, and
indeed made a mess: cut fingertip, glass splinters everywhere, and another
finger cut to the bone. My severed tendon was repaired but somehow
detatched again. Faced with more surgeries, I decided to just live with a
semi-functional finger. Moral: do not trust cracked glass.

Debbie