couscous

This is a recipe I made up that went over very well this weekend with my
SAD family.  My daughter even asked for the recipe.

2 cups couscous
4 cups water
dry veggie boullion
1-2 cups baby carrots
1-2 cups peas
asparagus (if you have some; I had 2-3 stragglers from my garden)
fresh herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, chives)
currents
a few toasted walnuts (optional but good)
1/2 lemon
2-3 T. tamari
2-3 T. ff italian dressing
salt, pepper

Boil water with veggie boullion. Add couscous when water comes to boil.
Turn off heat and let sit 10 minutes.  Stir with fork and add steamed
carrots and asparagus; add frozen peas, currents, herbs and dressing,
juice, tamari, salt, pepper.  Mix gently.  Add walnuts before serving if
you choose.

Jacqueline K. Powers
Assistant to the Vice President for University Relations
Cornell University
302 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY  14853-2801

Phone:  607 255-5678