McDougallers, help!!!

Has anyone had any luck doing McDougall part-time?  Here is my problem:  I
feel that his way of eating is great, but it is a bit too stringent for me.
(BTW, I read the book.  But I want to know if there are any "real people"
with success on a part-time McD program.)  I miss comfort foods like
tortillas and pasta.  However, I have about 25lbs to lose.  So I really
want to make an effort.  I was thinking of doing it all week, but giving
myself one lunch and one dinner on the weekend to "splurge" on non-McD
items (I'm not talking fetuccini alfredo here, but a low-fat quesadilla).
Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks!