FF: Opinionated Chef, aka Empress of Garlic and Doyenne of Beanery, opines

I am glad to find others on this list who object to the sugar in the ff and
lw salad dressings, mayo, the like.  Now, I myself have no scientific
evidence to back this up except what i have been taught all my life about
nutrition, and no doubt this is somewhat influenced by the fact that I have
close to no sweet tooth whatsoever, but here's my theory....

Depsite a decade of ff and lf products on the markets, Americans are more
obese than ever.  I am thinking that there is a direct link to the use of
the commercially available ff and lf products.  I have long had a suspicion
that the manufacturers of these products are very aware that we Americans
have 2 dominant favorite sorts of tastes: a taste for fat and a taste for
sweet.  So in order to make their ff and lf products palatable, they
substitute sweet flavor for the fat flavor.

But what is the effect of eating sweets?  Our blood sugar raises then
plummets, leaving us feeling weak and HUNGRY!!   So we eat.  So, it is my
opinion that these so-called convenience products cause more problems than
they solve and I am avoiding them.

So..I use nf plain yogurt instead of mayo and sour cream.  to use it as a
replacement for sc I put it in a coffe filter, put the coffe filter in the
filter holder, prop it ver a bowl or a very klarge cup and let the whey
drain.  ( freeze the whey and use it for making veggie stock.  To use the
ytogurt cheese in place of sc, I whisk it gently.

I find convenivence products extremely inconvenient...they are
costly...they are loaded with sugar...thye are loaded with salt....they are
loaded with preservatives and chemicals, even anti-biotics and I am
convinced we don't have evidence of the long term health effects of these
preservatives, anti-ciotics and other chemical additives.

As I result I am suspicious of certain ingredients that are cited in some
of these recipes such as eggbeaters.  Aside from the fact that they are
mostly egg whites and eggs are cheaper, the other stuff in them are these
various chemicals.  So I prefer to use eggwhites with a yolk thrown in for
color in cooked food.  I would never ever use raw egg whites in anything at
all.

But it's all my opinion and I certainly respect yours , probably different.

BTW, I downloaded all of teh ff Indian recipes from the ff website, if
anyone wants them. Please email me privately.

Gloriamarie     gma@xxxxxxxx
In La Mesa, CA, 1 town east of San Diego where, hallelujah, we once againn
have ...sigh...perfect weather and a lovely breeze and not so darned hot!!