pancakes/vegan

I got the hungry's last night for a treat, and didn't have anything
appropriate around, so this is what I made.

Peach/blueberry pancakes

1 cup flour (whole wheat is best)
1 cup soy milk (low fat)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon maple syrup

mix and let sit for a couple minutes while you peel and chop
2 - 3 small or 1 - 2 large ripe peaches

add peaches and juice to the batter, toss in a 1/2 cup of blueberries if
you happen to have them in the fridge, stir gently.

Makes 6 - 8 medium sized pancakes.   Serve with real maple syrup,  Yum.

BTW - original pancake recipe is from Lindsay Wagner's Higher Road to
Health and called for 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups soy milk,
and no fruit.

Jan Gordon  jrg14@xxxxxxxxxxx
"We are all the guests of the green plants..."
Ismail Serageldin, V P, Environmentally Sustainable Development