Beano

Hi,

After a month or so of lurking, I am finally posting something!  I don't have any problems w/ beans, but my husband does so we keep Beano on hand.

I looked up Beano in the Physician's Desk Reference from 1991(a drug reference book).  According to it, Beano is derived from a mold known as Asperigillus Niger.  As of 1991, there were no known adverse reactions to it.  The PDR does say that "it is conceivable that mold-sensitive persons could react.  Penicillin-sensitive persons might be particularly suspect."  Someone who has a more recent PDR handy might want to see if there is more updated information.

I hope this helps.
Lisa