Re:Muffins

>Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 14:06:00 -0300
>From: "TAYLOR, TAMARA  (DT18)" <TAMARAT@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Muffins
>
>Hi I am trying to pack healthy, low-fat lunches for my b*l*gn* sandwich
>eating boyfriend.  He usually eats whatever I put in his lunch and
>really likes muffins.  Could all of you who have tried and truly
>delicious muffin recipes please post them with exact instructions.  I
>find most fat-free muffins tend to be dry and bland.  I just bought a
>can of pumpkin and would like to try pumpkin muffins if there are any
>recipes for those also.  TIA, Tamara

Here is my wife's favorite muffin receipe (It's real good!!):

Muffins

Use the receipe on the back of a Kellogg All-Brand? cereal box with the
following substitutions or additions:

Use soy or rice milk (low or no fat) instead of milk.
Use 1/4 c egg-beaters or similar egg substitute instead of 1 egg
Use 1/4 cup applesauce instead of oil

1 cup fruit, drained.

 Follow receipe direction using the above substitutions and the addition of
the fruit.

After mixing as per instructions:

1.  Carefully fold in 10 oz. of drained frozen raspberries or a small can of
    drained crushed pineapple, or a mixture of the two;  (or one cup of any
    fruit of your choice can be used).  (Blueberries are good,too)

2.Bake as per instructions.

Left-over muffins are delicious when warmed in the oven for 5-10 minutes.

Don