Cornbread

CORNBREAD
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup of corn flour* or unbleached white flour
1/3 cup of sugar
1 Tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup FF soy milk
1 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup applesauce**
1/2 cup crushed pineapple**

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix every thing together.  Pour batter into
a lightly greased 8-inch square baking pan or muffin pan.  Bake until
crust is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean,
about 30-35 minutes.  Cooking time may vary depending on your oven and on
how much applesauce or other fruit you use to make the cornbread moist.

*Look for corn flour in your HFS.  I can buy it at my local HFS.  If you
cannot find it, white flour tends to work best.  I don't particularly like
to use white flour, however, I find that WW flour makes the cornbread too
heavy and I do not like the taste.  You can try it.

**I use applesauce and crushed pineapple to add moisture to the cornbread.
You may need to add more.  You can determine that as you mix everything
together.  Experiment a bit.  Also, you can try other fruits like canned
pears or whatever your favorite is.

Aloha,
Celeste Gafarian
gafarian@xxxxxxxxxx