Re: Pie crust

here is a pie crust recipe that I use.  I actually made it for samosas
and tried it for a pie -- and it worked!  it is easy, too.

you need:

1.5 cups flour (all-purpose)
1.0 cup non-fat yogurt (plain or vanilla;  i use soy but dairy works too)
0.5 teaspoon salt

mix the flour and salt in a large bowl.  make a well in the center and
put the yogurt in there.  mix well, first with your spoon and then with
your hand, to make a ball.  use additional flour if necessary to keep the
dough from getting sticky.  knead for 5 minutes, cover tightly and
refridgerate until you are ready to use it.

Davina C. Lopez						dlopez@xxxxxxxxx
Emory Women's Center, Box 24172				ph  404-727-2000
Atlanta, GA  30322					fx  404-727-2002

		Visit the virtual Emory Women's Center!!!
	   from Emory:  http://www.cc.emory.edu/WOMENS_CENTER/
	   from outside:   http://www.emory.edu/WOMENS_CENTER/

    "Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living" -- Mother Jones