Re: Unidentified subject!

At 12:58 PM 8/19/96 -0400, Anne Washburn wrote:
>I never salt my eggplant, and never have bitter eggplant. Really, I don't
>believe there are bitter juices! I read about the evil spirits thing a
>long time ago, and it seems to make sense as not salting doesn't make a
>difference. Anything to reduce the number of steps required to make
>something is OK in my book!

Oh my god! What a quick turnaround.  You must not be on digest.

Anyway, I think it's one of those things that you can do if you want, or
not.  I agree with you about reducing steps, but it's just something I do
that had made the tatse better in my opinion, and while they are draining I
just do other stuff - chopping other items to be in the recipe, etc.

Michelle Leberte * University of Pennsylvania * mleberte@xxxxxxxxxxxxx