Saving Roasted Peppers

A man after my own heart. That sandwich sounds delecious. I happen to
prefer the flavor of a good roasted green chile. Having lived in New Mexico
for many years I became addicted to Green Chile's. We would buy them by the
50lb bag and roast them. We would leave them in a plastic garbage bag
overnight and peel them. Then we would separate them and freeze them. The
defrosted at about the same consistency they went in. A bit of Lime juice
to help retain the bright color, was all we ever added but then it was only
a very small amount and only on occasion. Possibly it's the canning process
that turns them to mush? Depends on the part of the country you are in but
you can get an Anaheim chile from most markets. They roast very well.

You are welcome to E-Mail me if you would like to discuss some more off the
list, unless there's interest on the list for this.

Harold.