tofu cheese

fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
 They say it is low fat, lactose free and cholesterol free.
Nature'salternative to cheese.  They also say on the package that &quot;no
animal fats are used in this product&quot;.

I use this product and enjoy it as well, but I think it is important to note
that while no "animal fats" are used in the making of the it, it does contain
casein, a milk protein.  So while it is lactose free, it is not dairy free.
And, more to the point of this list, it DOES contain 2 grams of fat per slice
(regardless of what type of fat it is) so it is not fat free.

Terry