http://www.veggiefiles.com/dir/prod_rev/food/dairy_alt/13.php

Hope this helps!

Susan

At 09:34 PM 5/6/2002 -0500, Candace Selph wrote:

Is that the brand? Veggie Slices? Do any of them make an American cheese flavor?

Candace

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Wagener [mailto:susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 7:28 PM
To: fatfree@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: roodle@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: tofu cheese

Can anyone tell me anything about tofu cheese?

We love the Veggie Slices made with Organic Tofu. They come in Provolone flavor, Pepper Jack flavor and Cheddar Flavor. They are made by Galaxy Foods.

They have 1 gram of monounsaturated fat (the good kind) and .5 grams of Polyunsat. fat. That leaves only .5 grams of fat unaccounted for. They list Saturated fat as 0 grams. Each slice contains 4 grams of protein.

They say it is low fat, lactose free and cholesterol free. Nature's alternative to cheese. They also say on the package that "no animal fats are used in this product".

We make grilled tofu veggie sandwiches. In fact, my husband didn't know it wasn't a grilled cheese until I told him!

They also make the same thing in grated form. I sprinkle that on salads and no one can tell that it is not real cheese.

Susan
Nashville, IN