Re: muffin receipes

At 3:17 AM -0800 1/20/02, fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am also interested in easy fat-free muffin recipes.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your support!
 Here is a Scone receipe
Regards,
Don (also a long time member)

Raseberry or Strawberry Scones <T>

1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup quick oats
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg white or equi. egg substitute ( I used egg beaters)
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons vanilla non-fat yogurt
1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen strawberries or raseberries
egg beaters equivalent to 1 egg white, beaten.

1. Combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda and stir
to mix well.  Stir in the egg substitute and enough yogurt to form a stiff
dough.  Gently stir in the berries.

2. Form the dough into a ball, and turn onto a lightly floured surface.
With floured hands, pat the dough into a 7-inch circle.

3.  Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.  Place the dough on
the sheet, and use a sharp floured knife to cut it into 12 wedges.  Pull
the wedges out slightly to leave a 1/2-inch space between them.  Brush the
tops lightly with the beaten egg beaters.

4. Bake at 375 deg. F for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Transfer
to a serving plate and serve hot with the appropriate fruit spread.

God Bless America!!!
Donald E. Stowe (Don)
Retired HS. Chemistry Teacher
Visit my web sites at---> <http://www.geocities.com/destowe/>and