RE: cake problems

Hi to those of you asking about the chocolate cake disasters.  I tried this recipe from the archives with no success at all.  At first I wondered if it was because I used Splenda instead of regular sugar, but tried it again with the real white stuff and got the same mess at the end.

We tried baking it at 375 instead and this turns out a little better, but the "hot fudge" part seemed as little scorched for my taste.  Hope this helps.

Lauren in IA

Date:    Tue, 31 Jan 95 09:01:17 PST
 From:    Linda Luke

 This hot fudge cake recipe really satisfies my chocolate craving, too.
 It is very sweet however.

 Hot fudge cake

 1 cup flour
 3/4 c sugar
 6 tbls baking cocoa, divided
 1/4 tsp salt
 1/2 c skim milk
 1 tsp vanilla
 1 c packed brown sugar
 1 3/4 c hot water

 In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 Tbls cocoa, baking powder and
 salt.  Stir in the milk and vanilla until smooth.  Spread in aan
 ungreased 9-in square baking pan.  Combine brown sugar and remaining
 cocoa; sprinkle over batter.  Pour hot water over all; do not stir.  Bake
 at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.  Serve warm.  I like to serve it with
 frozen non-fat vanilla yogurt.  Yield: 9 servings.
 kwlacto lacto