Re: Fatfree Birthday Cake

If you like spice cake, here's my favorite fatfree one:

Applesauce Spice Cake

Yield: 12 servings

2 cups Flour (I use 1 cup unbleached and 1 cup whole wheat)
1 cup Sugar
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Ginger
1/8 tsp. Cloves
1/4 tsp. Mace
20 oz Unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup Raisins

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Mix the dry ingredients together; then add the applesauce and stir. Pour into pan(s)
sprayed with non-stick spray.  Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of pans
you use: more for small, deep pans and less for a 9 X 13 pan. Test by inserting a
toothpick into the center; it's done when the toothpick comes out clean.  When cool,
may be sprinkled with powdered sugar.

Susan

www.veganconnection.com
http://www.myhq.com/public/s/u/susanv/