Squash Pancakes

My friend and I made these last night and they are excellent. The original
sweet version is attributed to Lisa Gaye from her website
http://www.lisagaye.com/food/orange/rcpancake.html, though she wasn't
intending it to be lowfat or fatfree. The savory version is our own
invention. We are trying to think of what spices might suit the savory one
even better, and we are also trying to come up with an appropriate sauce.
Suggestions appreciated.

We used acorn squash, but try experimenting with different squashes. I'm
also thinking about mixing in some soymilk or skim milk to make the batter
a little thinner. Appreciate ideas on that too, and on eliminating the eggs.

Squash Pancakes- Sweet

1 cup flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
season to taste (ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, sugars)
small pieces of fruit (optional)
2 cups fresh squash pureé (bake squash and throw in blender)
dash vanilla extract
1 egg (I used eggbeaters)

1) sift together dry ingredients
2) beat together wet ingredients
3) add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, forming a smooth batter
4) cook like normal pancakes

Squash Pancakes- Savory

1 cup flour
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
season to taste (ground ginger, soupy spices, we're not sure yet)
some bell pepper, diced (or other veggi of choice)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 onion diced
something spicey (ex. minced chilé) (optional)
2 cups fresh squash pureé (bake squash and throw in blender)
1 egg (I used eggbeaters)

1) sauté onion, garlic, pepper
2) sift together dry ingredients
3) beat together wet ingredients
4) add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, forming a smooth batter
5) mix in onion, garlic, and pepper
6) cook like normal pancakes
7) serve with an as-of-yet-undiscovered perfect sauce

His music filled the house like an army of violent angels residing in the
speakers and golden flowers grew on vines twining around the chandeliers
and spilling from the bedposts and banisters and jungle birds whistled in
the fronds of potted palms and my art was myself.
				-Francesca Lia Block