RE:Great Northern Beans/Lentils/FATFREE OR VLF PLEASE

Succulent White Beans

1 pound dried white beans
8 cups water
2 bay leaves
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon thyme
1 (14 oz. can) diced tomatoes, undrained
3 cups vegetable broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley

Soak the beans in tepid water overnight.  Drain and rinse them.  Place the
beans in a large, heavy pot.  Add the 8 cups of water and the bay leaves.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until the beans are tender
but not mushy, about 45 minutes, skimming any foam that rises to the
surface.  Drain beans (discarding bay
leaves).  Add vegetable broth, garlic, sage, thyme and tomatoes to the
beans.  Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper
to taste and garnish with chopped parsley.

Enjoy!  Pam