lentil soup -- crockpot version

Hadass, the soup recipe was wonderful. My "baby"
(now 21) loved it, too. Here's my favorite
lentils-in-the-crockpot recipe (not fast,
Courtney, but certainly easy!)
Joyce/Portland

Lentil Soup
2 cups lentils
1-1/2 tsp artifical bacon bits
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped celery
1/4 c chopped carrot
3 TBSP snipped parsley
1 clove garlic, crushed
2-1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1 16-oz can crushed or chopped tomatoes
2 TBSP red wine vinegar

Rinse the lentils and place in crockpot. Add 8
cups water and remaining ingredients EXCEPT
tomatoes and vinegar. Cook all day on low. Then
add tomatoes and vinegar, heat on high for 30
minutes, and serve.