What do you think about vinegar ?

Hello !!!

I was wondering what you were thinking about vinegar... because I had read that it may be unhealthy and that we should try to avoid it and substitute for lemon juice. It's what I usually do but, I can't do this for prepared mustard, chili sauce, ketchup, etc. So what do you think ? Should we avoid these products too ? Let me know what you think and if you already heard about it. I got this in a french book from Danielle Starenjsky, «Bonheur du Végétarisme» (Joy of Vegetarism ?!?). Pretty good book by the way. ;)