Re: Braised vegetables

K. Jorgensen wrote:

>I started out doing the crock-pot thing, but my dinners were cooking for 12-13
>hours.  Now, any ideas in facilitating quick and ff dinners are wonderful
>in my
>book!  Thank you.

Use a plug -in timer, like those sold to turn lamps on and off at
specified times.  Put ingredients into the crockpot, set it at
the low temperature, plug it into the timer, plug the timer into
the wall, set the timer to start at a later time and you've solved
the long cooking problem.  If it's summer and hot in your kitchen
(like mine) freeze part of the ingredients or the liquid in order
to keep things cold until the timer starts the crockpot.

Sam