TVP comments and soy milk question

>From: kahless@xxxxxxxxxxx

>I bought some TVP from the local health food store
>(Whole Foods) and was very disappointed with it.
>The only TVP I could find was in the bulk food section.

I'm with Samantha since I also bought TVP at Whole Foods, made a wonderful
sounding recipe for stroganoff...it was horrible. I put it in the freezer
until I could figure out how to "fix it" but realized the problem was the TVP
not the recipe so I tossed it out. Not a good first experience with TVP!
Maybe it's the brand that Whole Foods carries? Is there a brand that anyone
could recommend? I hate to give up on the stuff but even the dogs wouldn't
try the last batch.

Since everyone seems to have great things to say about the Mail Order
Catalogue I thought I'd order some from there since I want to order some
seitan anyhow.

I have a question about soy milk: I tried the Vitasoy Vanilla which has a
really strong flavor to me, is that typical of soy milk? Would it be better
to get the unflavored kind if I don't want that strong taste? I couldn't tell
if it was the vanilla or the soy flavor that wasn't particularly appealing.

Thanks,
Susan