From: Susan Voisin <voisins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fatfree <fatfree@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: TVP

Samantha wrote:
> This stuff really tastes awful, like chemicals.
> Has anyone else had this experience?  This is really
> frustrating since my SO is willing to try vege
> alternatives, but not if they taste this bad!

Is it possible you could have gotten a bad batch?  The kind I buy doesn't
have any
taste at all.  I often use it as the main ingredient of barbeque sandwiches
serve it to non-vegetarians.  Even kids like it.  Maybe you could try a

By the way, barbeque sandwiches contain sautéed onions, TVP reconstituted in
water, and enough barbeque sauce to make it nice and juicy.  Cook for a few
minutes and serve.  My husband asks for these every weekend.