TVP

Use the flavored TVP and then add more flavor by using broth, wine, V8,
tomato juice, and spices.  My husband just recently asked if I had used it.
 Actually I have used it for several years!  Guess he never knew it!

I started with a beginners cookbook from Dixie Diner but I'm sure there are
others.  I use TVP in dishes that are usually cooked an hour or more.  And
I'm always adjusting and adding spices like bay leaf, onion, garlic,
oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, sage, etc.   No peppers, thank
you!